Experience News in a New Way

Man uses panda excrement to fertilize tea leaves

Pandas are a national treasure in China, now their dung may be, too.

It may sound funny, but panda poo is the new way to make a fortune. At least An Yanshi hopes so, he’s a teacher and journalist turned entrepreneur who has created a new variety of tea using panda excrement. Yes, panda poop.

He’s also charging $3,600 for one pound of his turd tea. We can’t blame you if you’re grossed out, though it’s not as bad as it sounds.

The bear BM is not actually used IN the tea, it’s used as fertilizer to grow the tea leaves. Yanshi chose panda bears droppings because pandas absorb only 30% nutrition of everything they eat, the other 70% is wasted … or waste.

Yanshi’s says the feces are rich in fiber and nutrients, and create a unique aroma… no doubt.

Whether the price or the poo, this organic blend may not be everyone’s cup of tea.


One comment on “Man uses panda excrement to fertilize tea leaves

  1. " Calli Reds" Calligraphy Burdundy 013
    March 22, 2012


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on March 20, 2012 by in NewsFix Now.

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

RSS More NewsFix News

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
%d bloggers like this: