NewsFix

Experience News in a New Way

Man blames cola addiction for woman’s death

While looking for the cause of death for a 30-year-old mother in New Zealand, a pathologist suddenly realized, “Coke is it!”

Not cocaine, but Coca-Cola– “I’d like to teach the world to sing” Coke.

Natasha Harris had a serious Coke habit. She drank four to five two-liter bottles every day. That’s like 3400 calories or a bajillion points on Weight Watchers.

Her partner, Christopher Hodgkinson, said she had a Coke before bed and another first thing when she woke up. One day back in February 2010, while she was getting their eight kids ready for school, she had a heart attack and died.

A pathologist said at a recent court inquest that her heart attack was probably caused by hypokalemia, or low potassium. She also had signs of caffeine toxicity. He said both were most likely brought on by her Coca-Cola habit and poor diet. Harris didn’t really eat much and smoked 30 cigarettes a day.

Still, Hodgkinson blames Coke for his wife’s death. He and Natasha’s mother say her addiction to the soft drink killed her, and they want Coke to add warning labels to their products like cigarettes have.

But wait– drinking too much of ANY fluid can kill you. Should we then place warning labels on water bottles stating that?

We’ve always heard “things go better with Coke,” but for Natasha Harris, obviously, good sense wasn’t one of them.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on April 24, 2012 by in NewsFix Now.
%d bloggers like this: